November 11-12, 2011
We have reached capacity
Please watch for future workshops
Awesome, Inc., 348 E Main St., Lexington, KY 40507
Lodging is available at the Hilton Lexington/Downtown
at the rate of $109 per night
Group Kentucky Science and Technology
Rate effective through 10/21/11
Call 1-859-231-9000 or 877-539-1648
Continued and rapid advances in micro-technologies coupled with NASA’s new innovative and strategic direction is ushering in an exciting new era of entrepreneurial lower-cost access to space for an array of payloads.
Kentucky Space announces the first annual hackerSPACE Workshop...focused on CubeSat class satellites
While learning how to design and build your own fully functional orbital spacecraft, you will work with a team of space professionals and engineers led by Bob Twiggs, Emeritus professor and former director of the Space Systems Development Lab at Stanford University, now professor at Morehead State University and also with Kentucky Space. Bob is credited with inventing the CubeSat spacecraft, which is now helping to revolutionize space, putting it within reach of more people than ever.
At this hands-on workshop you’ll will learn:
- About the ideation, design, engineering and assembly processes specific to creating your small orbiting (or suborbital) spacecrafts;
- What systems are required to build a fully operational spacecraft;
- About the range of potential satellite “apps”.
- The kinds of tests your craft will have to pass before it can be launched;
- About possible launch opportunities including NASA’s ElaNa program;
- About building partnerships with NASA, DOD and other organizations;
- How to raise the funds for your project(s) and, most importantly;
- How to ward off the jealous neighbors.
Registration Fee: $150 general / $75 student
Click here to register
Registration Deadline: October 28, 2011
Register early, seating is limited.